|Sigil is widely regarded as a Microcosm |
that reflects the shape of the Macrocosm
that comprises the known universe. Imagine
Azathoth at the middle and you may start to
understand Our Lady of Pain.
This universe is a great torus; galaxies and planets ring it, but its edges dissolve into the terrifying pseudo-matter that is The Outer Limits.
The Outer LimitsA realm where the laws of physics melt and reality bends back upon itself. It's an unfathomable distance from known space, and other realities pervade our own here.
- The Outer gods: Azazoth floats in the middle of all reality, just outside of it, attended by his pipers. In his mad dreams Shub-Niggurath is ever pregnant and making cosmic horrors.
The Astral SeaThis can be thought of as the stars, planets, and galaxies close enough to our own to matter.
- The Stars themselves: Unfathomable entities that control the fates of men and whisper strange secrets to the mad.
- The Great old ones: Gods in their own right, the spawn of the stars, such as Cthulhu, originate here, though they tend to be subject to the whims of the cosmic ley-lines and many of them are mercifully sleeping on some planet until they can outlive death again.
- Astral Oddities: Githyanki pirates, Chael, Maruts, Inevitables, Shmodrons, Neogi, Beholders, Illithids, Mi-go, Greys
The Seven Heavens
A heavenly series of locales for almost any temperament. Of particular interest is Valhalla, the barrier to this reality, where warriors that please their gods are restored for feasting each night.
- They Who Watch: Bahamut, Venca, Tiamat, Psionic Dragon Gods, Zagyg, The Pantheon of Law
- The Heavenly Host: Cloud Giants, Angels, Daevas, Dead Heroes, Archons, Ambassadors of all kinds.
MidgardThe realm we know the best: the proving ground of the new human race. Elves and dwarves remain from the golden age, but mankind is still struggling to decide their own destiny.
- They Who Walk Among Us: Avatars, Earth-bound Great Old Ones, Immortals, Nephilim
- Mundane Monsters: Wizards and their experiments, fey, robots, dragons, the undead
Beneath the earth lies the dungeons of things forgotten or sealed away, and mazes made for strange reasons by the servants of various entities.
- The Cthonics: The Drakainas, Lolth, Torog
- The Shunned: Kobolds (cave fey), Pale Elves (blind), Duergar, Morlocks, Orcs, The Dead, The Phorcydes
The Gates of Tartarus
The Barrier that holds back the Titanomachy's losers. Devils are former servants of the gods bound to hold the gates for immemorial sins said devils committed.
- The Wardens: Cerebus, Hel, Lucifer, Yama, Hecatonchires
- The Hell-bound: The Bad Dead, Devils, Tasked-angels, Maras
The 9 HellsThe tortures intended to preoccupy the most dangerous beings from primordial times. The only escape is down...
- Titans and Ashuras: Mayas, Vrita, Kronos, Mnemosyne
- Horrors: Cenobytes, Slaadi, Ancient Dead
The AbyssA chaotic vortex in the middle of an elemental crucible that reaches down through an insanity that reflects The Outer Limits.
- The Demon Lords: Baphomet, Orcus, Demogorgon, Juiblex, The Elemental Royalty
- Chaos' childer: Demons, Oozes, Obyriths
The EndTharizdun, lord of paradox, is imprisoned at the bottom of reality, in the singularity of nothingness that lies there.
Want to give feedback? Share this on g+ and give me a tag (+claytonian JP) (if you want to keep it private, share with only me).
If you spot a typo or don't have g+, you can just email me. Claytonian at the gmails.