Thursday, February 22, 2024

Pregens are an art-form. Meet Bosclori

So, in an effort to get more interest in my achiest heartbreaker RPG, Crypts & Cryts, I have been working on pregens to get kids new to the system up an running fast. The secret to a good pre-gen is consisely baking the rules into them as best you can. So I put little snippets of info here and there. This sheet even introduces the core mechanic by having you roll a weird die to get a horse.

Another thing is the pregens don't have any backgrounds from our chart, so they will feel unique if they join a party mid campaign. Since Bosclori here is a dwarf, I added little bit of world-building; dwarves have children in a very unique way.

If you want to get into Cry&Cry, please send a SASE to the link below.
MyBestEverRPGOmigoshWhyCantAnyoneLoveItLikeIdo

Or shoot me a request at the below gmail or even my Blusky to ask to be in my Discord server and actually play this crazy thing!



----
Share good posts with good goblins. Claytonian at the gmails.

2 comments:

dave dow said...

Hey your system looks fun, and your pregen-with-rules intruiged me enough to have a quick look at it :)
I really like the idea of HP also being a dice modifier resource, I've wanted to tinker with that idea myself but I've not yet managed to come up with a way to make it work in my current game which is % based (heavily modified WFRP 4e)

Claytonian said...

HP burn is one of my favorite mechanics. We started using it in our B/X game too.

For D%, maybe 5% per HP burnt would work.