I need to break out of my cowardice as a DM. Namely, the fear of running without a module in front of me. But that doesn't mean I'm going to free-ball it. So here are things to help me plan.
A table of nasties for The Zone
- Bark! d6 bloated waste-hounds. Infective bites, explode if critted.
- Clatter!d4 headless knights. All non-critical damage they take becomes one damage.
- Rustle. A phage-tree. Save when you smell its blossoms or go berserk-mad.
- Ootini! Ten jawas. Have blasters that only they can recharge. Their mobile fortress may be nearby.
- or 6. Homage! Just steal something from Beyond the Black Gate. Cuz there are none better.
What follows is a map. Plan B. Based on some old Judges Guild stuff.